Vietnam – The Netherlands Programme (VNP) for M.A. in Development Economics (MDE) started in 1994 under the cooperation between University of Economics HCMC (UEH) and The International Institute of Social Studies (ISS), Erasmus Rotterdam University (EUR). The programme is carried out in English with its faculty graduating from prestigious universities worldwide.
VNP aims at providing high quality skilled graduates to meet with demands of various organizations including academic institutions, research institutes, national and provincial forecasting and policy making agencies, consultancies, financial institutions and hedge funds. Program graduates can also pursue doctoral education in Vietnam and other countries.
Certification: The UEH's Master of Arts Degree and the ISS' Certification of Acknowledgement will be awarded to those who successfully complete Stage 1 and Stage 2.
Training time: 2 years
Academic requirements: Applicants must have a Bachelor's degree to take the VNP entrance exam. The degree must meet the following requirements
1. Bachelor's degree of economic majors (regular/irregular format of training) from a university of economics or from a Faculty of Economics of other universities.
2. Bachelor's degree of other major (regular format of training) with a certificate of passing additional economic courses organized by UEH's Institute of Graduate Studies or additional courses in English, Statistics, Economic Mathematics, and Micro- and Macro-Economics delivered by VNP and 2 other subjects.
English requirement: CEFR B2, TOEIC 600, IELTS 5.5, TOEFL 500 BPT, 173 CBT, 61 iBT)
Entrance examination: Economics and Mathematics – Statistics on Sunday, September 10, 2017
Review courses open on:
- May 8, 2017 (Monday & Friday)
- May 9, 2017 (Tue & Sat)
- June 7, 2017 (Wed & Fri)
- June 10, 2017 (Sat & Sun)
For more information, please contact VNP Office.
- Student Recruitment Notification 2017
- VNP Double Degree 2017
- Tuition - Scholarship
- Academic requirements
- Review course
- Student Testimonial
- Employment opportunities